The Elk Complex fire has moved north and northwest around Prairie, and is approximately 6 miles west of Pine/Featherville. There has been one confirmed outbuilding lost in Prairie. Active, running fire behavior was observed on the fire yesterday and throughout the evening.
The Pony Complex is moving north-northwest towards Blacks Creek Road and the South Fork of the Boise River. The fire continues to be very active and crews are working diligently to construct fire line where accessible.
Heavy smoke and ash is being reported in Garden Valley, Idaho City and the Boise Foothills due to both fires.
Numerous structures/outbuilding are threatened and Idaho Power is working on the many miles of down powerlines in the area.
The following road closures continue to be place:
· Blacks Creek Road off I-84 at the Ada/Elmore County line
· Indian Creek Road off I-84 at exit 71
· Anderson Ranch Dam south on the Dixie Creek Cut-off to Hwy 20
· Prairie Road/Cow Creek Road heading north from Hwy 20.
Due to extreme fire behavior, the following areas evacuations have been issued by the Elmore County sheriff’s office:
· The community of Prairie;
· Anderson Dam Reservoir up Fall Creek Road to Ice Springs Campground then east to Lester Creek Guard Station;
· Danskin fire lookout.
The American Red Cross has opened an evacuation shelter at the Good Council Hall in Mt. Home for any resident that have been displaced due to the fires.
An Interagency in-briefing for the two Incident Management Teams was conducted this morning. The two teams will be shadowing the local fire resources on both the Elk and Pony Complexes throughout the day and will assume command this evening.
The Boise National Forest has initiated a large area closure that extends from the Pine/Featherville road on the east; Forest Road172 and the William Pogue Trail to the north; the Middle Fork of the Boise River to the Arrowrock Reservoir; then extending south along the forest boundary to the north side of Anderson Ranch Reservoir.
The Anderson Ranch Reservoir, the Middle Fork of the Boise River Road and the Pine/Featherville Road is open to public use.
For specific information and a map, please visit http://inciweb.org/incident/3616/.
Other Fires burning:
The Idaho Department of Lands (IDL) is managing multiple fires within their jurisdiction:
· The Pilot Fire has burned approximately 11 acres and is 10 miles east of Garden Valley;
· The Missouri Fire is a ¼ acre in size and located 2 miles North of Pioneerville
· The Clear Fire is a 1/10 acre in size and located 2 miles Northeast of Pioneerville
The Boise National Forest demobed seven lighting caused fires today and has two fires that have not yet reached full containment:
· The Casner Fire is 1 acre in size and located 8 miles southeast of Deadwood Reservoir
· The Danskin is 2/10 acre in size and located 6 miles east of Garden Valley.
Stage I fire restrictions remain in effect including using a campfire outside of an agency designated recreation site until further notice. For more information, please visit www.blm.gov/id.
There is Fire Information Center established in Boise which will be staffed from 7 AM to 7 PM., and the center can be contacted at 208-384-3266. Personnel at the center will be able to provide general information on large fires in the area.