The mission of the Garden Valley School District is to provide educational excellence, allowing students to succeed in an ever-changing, technological world.
*** Welcome and Greeting ***
6:00 p.m. – Meeting begins
1.Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approve and Adopt Agenda
5. Comments from the Board
A. Chair - Reminder that the October regular meeting is to be held in Lowman
6. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of Minutes – Regular meeting Aug. 14, 2012
and Special Meeting Aug. 29, 2012
B. Treasurer’s Report
C. Payment of Bills and Journal Entries
D. Approve supplemental contracts
E. Approve in lieu of transportation payments
7. Delegations and Reports
A. Regularly Scheduled Delegations
1. Facilities, Maintenance, and Grounds
2. Athletic Director
B. Superintendent’s Report – Mr. Schrader
8. Community Forum [Speakers are limited to three minutes each, and may not make open session comments critical of students, minor children or employees of the district]
9. Action Items
A. Old Business
1. Discussion of District Policies. Consideration of motions to follow.
2. Discussion of Trustee attendance for ISBA Convention on November 14 - 16 in Boise.
3. Approve graduation date.
B. New Business
1. Interview applicant(s) for Zone 3 Trustee vacancy and consideration of motion for appointment for remainder of term (2015).
2. Emergency School Levy.
12. Executive Session
A. Executive session is planned to:
To communicate with legal counsel for the public agency to discuss the legal ramifications of and legal options for pending litigation, or controversies not yet being litigated but imminently likely to be litigated. [IC 67-2345(1)(f)]
THE BOARD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE AGENDA PRIOR TO OR AT THE MEETING